Friday, February 14, 2014

Happy Valentine's Day

This is a moment I want to remember forever! Today is Valentine's Day. Like the actual day. This year I was swept away with life and did not do anything to celebrate with my family. Yes, I am that mom that likes to have plates and napkins to make it special. You know things around the house, count downs. You know the type. Well this year that didn't happen for V-Day. This morning Mills was trying desperately to cut out hearts in a row-he was very specific about it. He just couldn't do it. I promised that we would do it after school. While he was sitting with me in chapel, with a HUGE smile on his face, he said: Mommy, I am reminding you to get the paper to make the hearts. At the end of the day, we got the paper and then sat in traffic forever. Anyway, he never forgot! Tonight we sat together and made the hearts. By his exact directions, I ended up drawing, cutting and then he taped them together. We could NOT mix the red and pink-you know Mommy like a pattern. That is a NO. They had to be separate. Then he had to exactly decide where they would go. It is persect (perfect) Mommy. What a sweet time we spent together cutting, talking, making hearts. I would NOT trade that time for anything in the world. My sweet boy! As I type this, he is drawing (with marker) on white (they had to be white) paper plates so we can eat off Valentine plates tomorrow. And he is desperately looking for napkins to match. We may get sick from the marker but we ARE eating off those plates.

No comments: