Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Merry Christmas

We had a very excited little boy this Christmas. We started out on Christmas Eve going to the Perry house and all Mills wanted to do was open presents! Once he opened the Ninjago Dark Fortress, he proclaimed it was the BEST and what I always wanted. He was in love! Of course, it had a million lego pieces you have to assemble. Once we got home, we decorated a beautiful gingerbread house. Well, Mimi and I decorated the house while Mills "watched" us. We also picked out cookies to leave for Santa. Last year, we got dressed at 5:45 to go to church and we were home by 6:15! This year we stayed for the entire service. He really wanted to leave a dollar for Jesus and his birthday so we waited until the offertory.
Well, okay, we ended up in the nursery but hey we stayed until the end. I promised him that his little friend Whit would be at church and he could silently play with him. We got up to go to the back and I decided to take the 2 sweet friends behind us. Mills continued to yell, Not these two! Not these two! He wanted only Whit!! Hank had to stop reading the gospel until we could get Whit. Small inconvience. When we got home, we put out the reindeer food. Which I forgot to make so I put sugar and Halloween cookie glitter in a jar. I mean come on,it sparkled. Right?!?! We carefully set out the cookies and left the special key for Santa since we don't have a chimney. He slept until 7AM! I guess he is like his mom in some ways after all. He was thrilled and kept saying, these are my presents. Santa brought them to me. Yes,he did baby. Merry Christmas!

No comments: