Wednesday, August 10, 2011

First Day of K3



I really wanted to title this-Let's all give a whoop whoop!! Mills had a fantastic first day of K-3. I was nervous because everything was new. We walked into school and rather than going left like last year we went right. I thought okay here it goes-melt down. He just trotted down the hall with his back pack like we do this every day. We got to the room and he was the first one. Now we all know I've never been the first one on anything. He went right in, gave Mrs. Kelley a hug, hung his back pack in his cubby, and started to play. I thought who is this??? She of course said, "You can go." I thought I would wait just to see-you know who wants to be the only kid. Soon another little girl arrived. He walked right up to her, said hi, and gave her a big hug. What??? Who is this?? I was so proud I could have cried. He had a great first day, got a great report, and went back for more the next day. I was literally bursting with pride as I drove home on Monday. My baby is growing up!!

No comments: