Thursday, June 17, 2010

Tybee

Well we finally got moved into Tybee-after a drama filled few days. Let's see: Thursday the packers came and flew through our house packing the last tidbits. As we found out later, they "threw" lots things into boxes and did not do any planned packing. Friday the movers came and wanted to spend 30 minutes arguing with us about what and how to move. They left the back gate open so as I am at Tybee directing the movers, Hank calls to let me know that the dogs are loose. Ugghhh! Thank goodness a kind neighbor found them and called. Saturday, I got into a fender bender in the Arby's parking lot getting lunch. Seriously! So many more things happened but you get the picture.
We are all settling in well. Mills isn't thrilled about sleeping in his new room. He wakes up and gets very scared. The dogs are still unsure but slowly getting used to it. With the help of my mom, we have unpacked many of the boxes and are starting to feel like a real home. We still have a lot more to go but it is a process. We know we will love living at Tybee but it is definitely an adjustment. Both Hank and I commented yesterday that we feel like we are on vacation and will go back to Richmond Hill soon. I'm sure that will pass as change is always hard.
Mills and I played on the front porch last night and enjoyed some ocean breeze so we got what we felt like was our first Tybee experience and enjoyed it. He loves running around and watching all the people pass by. Hopefully we'll make it to the beach soon!

1 comment:

Kristin said...

So excited for y'all and this new season! We are praying for you guys!!! Enjoy your first Sunday Hank! :)