Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Happy Birthday!!

I laid in bed this morning not wanting to get out of the cozy bed into the cold house. As I laid there, I remembered exactly one year ago today. Amazingly enough, I can remember it like it was yesterday. Waking up at 4 in morning ready to go have a baby. Crying to Hank for my Mama. Kicking back after the epidural watching TV. My Dr. coming in and saying, "Okay, now you can push." and me thinking where is the fanfare. His first little cry. Asking Hank and my mom to make sure he has all of his parts-fingers and toes. He was so tiny-tiny hands and tiny feet-and now we were to care for his every need. I think the first couple of weeks were a blur. I remember thinking how quickly every 2 hours comes. Now, I cannot imagine my life without him. He is a part of me. My little buddy. When I look at him, my heart just swells. One year down and hopefully a million more to go. Happy Birthday my little buddy!!

No comments: