Saturday, November 15, 2014
A True Paleontologist
While this did happen on the Disney Cruise, it deserves its own post. As you know, Mills wants to be a paleontologist when he grows up. Hasn't strayed from that one bit. So, on Castaway Cay they had a Paleontology whale dig. I mean his dream, right!! Mills and I left the ship in plenty of time-so I thought. We got to the island and hopped on the tram. Whew! Then we just sat! I mean just sat, and sat, and sat. I was stressing out. Mills does NOT like to be late. Finally, we took off and I thought okay it will all be fine. Then the driver went to the wrong stop. Are you kidding me???? I contemplated getting off and running but Mills was not happy at this point. We rode to the next stop, jumped off while it was still moving, and ran to the place. Or so I thought! A lady said it is really hard to find, you have to go behind that building, look for a small path, blah blah blah. Ughhh! Mills and I tried to follow her directions. NOPE! We finally found another lady and she could tell I was almost in tears. She actually walked us right up to it. Mickey dressed as a paleontologist was just about to leave. I really almost broke down. BUT, this is Disney right. He stopped and got his picture with Mills! Oh how I love who ever was in that suit. Then, I said: Tell Mickey what you want to be when you grow up. Mills: A paleontologist. Mickey's handler: A vampire? Me: (in my head) are you kidding me???? Thank goodness Mickey understood and reached in his pocket and gave Mills a fossil of a trilobite. You would have thought it was a huge chunk of gold. Mills was the only kid that got one and I truly believe it was because I looked so close to tears. I mean really, a vampire??? Anyway, Mills got to dig around the whale skeleton and he found a whale tooth. They wrote his name in a book and everything.
Mills Perry age 6 wants to be a paleontologist
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment