Saturday, May 5, 2012
Trike a Thon
Things happen around here on a daily basis that keep Hank and I laughing. I wish that I had the time or energy to post them all but alas. This one definitely goes down in the memory books. Mills had his St. Jude Trike a Thon and all the 4 year olds ride their tricycles around a track. Now this is a black asphalt track in May. You get the picture. Add to it that I had a cold and didn't feel well and that Mills can peddle but not steer. After the first excruciating lap, I decided there had to be a better way than me hunched over forcing him to stay in his lane. So I wrapped his towel around his handles and proceeded to pull him. This was great! Until...I wasn't fully paying attention and the towel slipped over on the handle causing his bike to dump over. On the hot black asphalt. Needless to say he was not happy. He jumps up and starts screaming, "Say you sorry. Say you sorry." No matter how many times I apologized it was not good enough. He wouldn't let me near him. Oh well,lesson learned. Next time, send Hank!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment