
Mills is not a costume kid. He doesn't play dress up so Halloween is not his favorite holiday. I knew we needed to get him pumped up so he would put his costume on. On the way home, I told him he had to put his costume on to get candy. He seemed excited so we were off to a good start. As soon as we walked in the door, he wanted the costume on. But we still had to eat dinner and it was at least an hour until trick or treating. He insisted-so I thought why not. He got it on and off we went for pictures. Yeah! This is going well so far. Then he wanted it OFF. But we still had to trick or treat. He wanted it OFF. Needless to say it came off and then when it was time to go Hank and I had wrestle him back in to the costume. Kicking and screaming I knew he would have fun once he got the jist. Sure enough, we got to the street and he realized that candy comes with this gig. He had a blast!! He rode in the wagon from house to house-all of 2 feet in between. He said Trick or Treat and thank you to every one. By the end of the night, his bag was so heavy it was dragging behind him. Hopefully next year, he'll remember the candy part and we won't have to go through this whole process again.
No comments:
Post a Comment