Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Milestones


The computer won't let me upload pictures in the way I want so I'm having to do several posts. Sorry if you get these by email and I'm clogging your inbox. The Pool-my nemesis. Every single summer since he was born I have tried to take Mills to the pool. Every single summer he is not too keen on the idea. We have tried the baby pool in the back yard, swim lessons at the Aquatic Center, my uncle's pool. You name it we have tried. So yet again we made our annual treck to yet another pool. This time we tried the one on the military base with my Dad. Okay new pool, new year, it's going to be good. This one even has a big water park with fountains. Even if he didn't like the pool, he'd like the fountains, right??? Not so much!! He really wanted to get into the fountains but just couldn't make himself do it. So we tried the pool. At first it was a NO WAY situation but by the end he was actually floating around and having fun. He still REALLY wanted to get in to the fountains but just couldn't do it. Maybe next time. So one more summer down with the pool-just wait until 2012 to see what happens next!
We started playing soccer this summer as well. He LOVES it. Mommy is learning to not be a typical "soccer mom" and back off. He is actually pretty good at kicking the ball and is learning to not use his hands. I'm very proud of him that he can listen to a coach for 45 minutes in the hot sun with gnats flying all around-notice Mommy has a hard time listening as well.

No comments: